Monday, June 13, 2011

A Fresh Start

I've been thinking a lot about resuming blogging lately. Clearly, this site died a slow, painful death.

So I decided to try my hand at "theme" blogs: I started a blog on dealing with depression and another one about learning how to be a mom. Both died quicker than this one did.

A lot has happened over the last two years. I lost my job, got a new one, we moved 200 miles away to a completely different environment and culture, I got knocked up and had a beautiful baby, both my husband and I lost a parent (his dad and my mom)...it's been nuts, and it's impossible to go through all of that turbulence and come out the other side the same person.

I had been kicking around the idea of starting a blog on my thoughts on religion in America, and another one documenting my attempts at being a frugal parent, another one about trying to figure out how to feed my family "real" food as a reaction against my mom's cancer, another one about feeling like I was plopped down in the wrong era.

Screw it.

It's all going here. The problem with the baby blog was that there were some days that I just.didn't.feel. like writing about my baby. Likewise with depression. And likewise with every other topic. So I wrote nothing.

Instead, I'm coming back to this place and writing about everything.

So why did I delete everything that I had already written? Because I want a fresh start. The next phase of my life begins NOW. Not when we moved, not when my son was born, not when my mom passed, but NOW. I'm cutting loose the guilt of not writing, the anxiety of seeing 20 entries all with the tag "draft," the gnawing feeling of seeing my old posts written by a completely different person. I know that things will continue to change, and life will continue to throw us into upheaval at various points. But hopefully I can share that change here, and it will document an evolution into the various people I will become over time in the future.

Cheers.

2 comments:

Melaina25 said...

Welcome back! My blog is this that and all the other; I figure my life just isn't only one thing so why should my blog be?

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom xoxo

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Welcome back! I think a fresh start is a great idea!